Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:04:56 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  VRT on a 131
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VRT on a 131  (Read 2936 times)
daverwd

« on: November 10, 2010, 08:57:18 PM »

Brought in a 2 door 1300cc  131 mirafiori from Northern Ireland to south,
Rang the nct booking office to book in the car & was given a date, was also informed about all the paperwork I would need to re-register the car including the DVLA registration form , my pps number , a house hold bill from the last 6 months in my name, a re-registration form to be filled out which can be down loaded from the revenue.ie web site, also told I needed a form with the Co2 emissions of the car on it & was told if I didn?t supply this form I would be charged the maximum VRT allowed for the car in this category which is still 50euro.( how mad a statement is that  Roll Eyes..only in Ireland )..  & of course the 50euro needed to bring in the 33 year old car..
Arrived at the vrt/nct centre , a girl came out checked the chassis number , number of doors on the car , the number of seats in the car & the number of glass panels on the car excluding the windscreen(funny I always thought the windscreen was a glass panel  Tongue)
We went inside & all that could be found on the system was a left hand drive, 4 doors 1300cc & because it was a 33 year old car it didn?t seem to matter as it was going to be 50euro anyway. So I paid up got my new NV reg. & the vrt office is posting out a new updated registration sheet to me with all the cars correct details on it in the next week or so..
Just thought I would put this information up for any of you guys out there thinking of bring an old car into Ireland. It?s changed a bit since the new laws from Sept. 1st.
markwilliams131

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:58:57 PM »

hi dave   ya its all changed now lad
i cleared  a 02 sprinter  and a 83 rover sd1 vitesse during the year the old way
and they never even came out to look at either of them  50 euro for the van and 720 for the rover

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:13:25 PM »

We went inside & all that could be found on the system was a left hand drive, 4 doors 1300cc

I wonder is that there because of my imported Supermirafiori - They had to create a new entry on the database before it could be registered.  Smiley

Congrats on the purchase Dave - is it a white series 2 by any chance?

Plans ...Sport or Abarth replica..? Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
daverwd

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 10:24:25 PM »

Its a white series 2 , i am sure you know where it came from ..
Seems to be a very clean shell , only 29,000 miles from new . seems to have lived most of its life in a garage , thats going to change now after next year ..
Think its going to end up becoming a tarmac replica..have already done the stradale replica that willie is minding for me at the moment..(haha)..so time to go bigger & better this time..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.