Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:29:15 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 for sale e bay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 for sale e bay  (Read 18889 times)
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 11:13:43 PM »

I only don't understand that when the car is known by the forumists it is sold to such a fool??? Or don't I understand it. I should never let it go this way in Holland Angry Angry.
and which idiot pays 1000Euro for a car, make unimportant to trash when you can buy Sierra's or so for 50 euro?
The(old) owner is also very very stupid, say it very very gentle Huh Angry.

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 11:34:10 PM »

I thought the same as Albert but refrained from saying anything so as not to offend anyone again but I think it's criminal that a good rare classic is being lost in this way and it's stupid to throw away  ?1000 for a car to demolish it in this way. Stock car racers can be bought for under ?100.  Or is it the 1st of April and I've been asleep for a bit too long  Huh

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 12:16:00 AM »

I can not work out why someone would pay 1000euro to stock car race either. As it has been said there are many suitable cars available for much less.

At the end of the day although it is sad to see the fate of this car may be as described, if you own something you can do what you want with it. If the new owner chooses to race it, then that is his choice. Likewise if the owner got the price they wanted then why should it really concern them what happens to it next.

I was potentially in a similar situation with my super. One potential buyer was considering cutting it up and using it as a base to save his sport. Although I would prefer the new buyer to restore it to original condition, if it sold for the price I wanted, then I would be doing myself out of the sale by trying to impose conditions!

It is right what has been said though. There are many people who talk about wanting a 131. Some even place wanted adverts, but, few of them are actually prepared to pay the price required. I guess thats what seperates them from us Grin

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
sid131

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 09:09:45 AM »

?1000 is small enough money a stockcar!! twin cam rear wheel drive lsd??? etc here in Ireland, sierras go for a lot more because you can weld up the diff & the drift brigade love them, a lot of people seem to be misinformed about the 131 they seem to think that all 131s had lsd fitted,
as far as i am aware stock car racing finished in this country years ago because of the difficulty & hiked price of insurance cover for such events, so she is most probably going to end up as a drift car so if that happens it will not be wrecked just driven very hard & doing circles in an arena or yard like the corolla AE86 & those boys love their cars.
Gremlino

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 09:17:26 AM »

Keep your eyes on Youtube,

It's bound to show up on there, sideways and spitting rubber all over the place  Roll Eyes.

Signature has gone Kaput!
gidgely

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 12:50:09 PM »

this is to everyone interested. my name is guy and i built the orange 4 door. i built her in 2000 from a knackered sport and a 1.6 twincam super. i ran her 4 5 years and she was superb. took alot of graft 2 get her as she is now and she still looks the same as when i regrettablely let her go. although not a sport she had everyhing that was capable of exchanging bolted 2 her. Been following her on ebay and so desperatley wanted her bac but thought the owners reserve wd be 2 high 4 me. i need 2 sell a quad 2 release funds and was waiting 4 her 2 come bac on. just read about her intended fate and im truly gutted! these cars are very rare and reguardless of how i put her together she should not end up being battered on a track 4 pieces of s..t. after looking at this website im now saving hard 4 another. r.i.p to my 4 door. trully sickend.!
gay131lover
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 12:58:24 PM »

hi guys i rang that guy to see if he would give me the number of the fellow who bought it to see if he would sell the front grill lights bumpers he said in not to many nice words i had my chance he is not a very nice guy ?Angry Angry Angry will say a few prayers for car tonight but i supose he was right. mirafioriman ?dont you sell your cars to the same fate especially if people see it in action on u tube Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
parrish

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 01:33:06 PM »

Come on guys its a car! it's not the end of the world Cool
The US Navy use old de-commisioned ships for target practice, what a way to go!
Following on from that, if a car has to go what a way to go, sliding sideways around a track bumping and bashing other cars out of the way until like a true gladiator you are finally worn down and too weak to win. Tongue
As someone once said ' Surely Its better to skid into your grave sideways at 80mph than be laid in gracefully all knackered and worn out! Grin
Heres looking forward to some 131 action on 'You tube' Grin
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
eugene

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 02:03:33 PM »

I don't believe any of what the seller is saying Roll Eyes.
1.He was going to cut it up with a consaw,if it didn't sell and he never carried out his threat.
2.He then puts it on e-bay and gets 1500euro for it.He then sells it for 1000.
3.The person who buys it,is going to stock car race it.
What next are we going to hear Huh,that it's goin to be used as a submarine Shocked.
My opinion is the car is not sold and the seller is trying to get someone to buy it quickly.
I myself would prefer to have nothing to do with that kind of seller.
I am also open to be corrected if i am wrong Roll Eyes.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »

Hey - This is a great thread - We dont often get controversy on here.

The posting that I have most sympathy with is Gidgeleys as he is the guy who invested time in the concept/execution and now to hear of it's destined fate...must be an unpleasant experience to say the least! Delighted that he has found the motivation to start again from this site!!? Grin

On the other hand...... I cant help feeling that the story isn't over yet..!? Wink I won't believe it is a wreck until I see the evidence!

I dont really understand the ebay messers conclusion either - The bidding went as high as ?1520 without meeting reserve - Therefore there is no sale to be concluded...? Is that right or has Ebay changed..?

If the banger story actually becomes true it has somewhat dented one of my Mirafiori ambitions...ie to get a picture of the 6 Orange 131s in Ireland together.? Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 03:08:11 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
chris131

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »

The last time the car was advertised on here at 3000 euro! Well if the seller was able to accept 1000euro for it, then why didn't he offer it to the guys on here for that money? Then maybe it wouldn't have ended the way it did!

I know myself being into 131 sports, I would have bought it at 1000euro just for the sport parts. But at 3000euro it was to expensive for me.

If the stockcar story isn't true then I would buy it at 1000euro.
eugene

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 03:02:20 PM »

The seller is having a good laugh at ye Smiley.Some people would believe anything Shocked.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
gerafiori
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 03:52:11 PM »

your spot on eugene, this sad story is going on and on,
cut it up and shut up Angry
theredx19
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 05:17:29 PM »

Well as Kev said the rules of ebay are still the same and Eugene she was offered for long enough on this Forum and had been open to sensible offers, unfortunately for Marty he lost spirit in it when after a very long period of trying to sell a rare roadworthy 131 he sold it to someone who gave cash and drove it away. If you want proof I am sure you can check with the tax office who should be able to tell you that Marty does not own this car any more. Sure next time we see Marty at a Fiat event he will be in one of his favourites an x1/9 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008, 05:48:42 PM »

I'm glad you have joined the forum Guy. As I said earlier I bought quite a few bits from you a while ago. The parts included a beige Supermirafiori interior from a metallic green super you had in a lock up. Have you still got it or did it get scrapped? The interior lives on in one of my cars as does the original radio I got from you and the bumpers. Was the car orange when you had it or did it get painted after you sold it? I remember it being beige. A shame you did not get the chance to buy it back, however, perhaps all is not lost yet. Perhaps the new owner will see the controversy caused on here and will sell it to someone who will save it for a small profit!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.