Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 08:32:14 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  I HAVE A DREM 131
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I HAVE A DREM 131  (Read 9770 times)
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 01:58:00 AM »

It looks like you have a problem.

I believe this is solvable !  I have done recently some research into registration matters in EU. It appears that once you have registered the car in any EU country you can get it registered in any EU country based on previous registration. 

If technical approval of road worthiness is a problem there may be yet another way.  This is based on our Polish practices but this may work in Spain  as well. Do you have something like Vintage car registration there? 

In Poland once this is approved as a vintage car (25 years out of production minimum and an opinion of an Aautoclub expert) you enter it into registry of National Heritage office and the car automatically gets a technical inspection for life and distinctive yellow registration plates with a vintage car logo (standard are EU whites)!  Is there such a venue in Spain?

May be this is a solution.

In Poland you cannot register a RHD car , except as a vintage car. Maybe this is the issue . If so just register it in UK (to yourself - or a family member with UK residence - if your Spanish residence is an issue) and just drive it in Spain with UK plates.

Try to work with local office that issues MOT certificates. There are far more modified cars on the road in Spain. I cannot believe driving this car would be illegal in Spain if you work on it.     

Some of my friends had a similar problem with addition of no documents for the car at all. They have solved it in Latvia and then with Latvian registration they registered it in Poland.

Come next year it will be possible to register a vintage car in Poland just on declaration the car is yours and it has been previously registered but documents are not lost.

Good luck

Miro

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
parrish

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 02:10:15 AM »

Thanks for the information Miro,
i was at a car show in Spain last year and someone mentioned to me the possibility of getting the car registered as a classic, the guy said that i would only have to have one technical inspection for the remainder of the cars life! at this point it sounded too good to be true so i stopped listening, in hindsight i should have given the guy more time.
Ill  call intomy local Government run test centre (ITV) next time im back in Spain see if they have more information, its probably never been mentioned to me before because the car isnt 25 until next year.
seat 131 2000tc do you have any information on registering a classic car in Spain?
regards
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.