Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 07:08:06 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fun in the sun
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fun in the sun  (Read 4359 times)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« on: March 05, 2010, 02:37:20 PM »

What a lovely sunny day we are having in the south-east of England today Grin So sunny in fact that I've driven my Abarth the 6 miles to work Grin Cool How cool is that?

Had to go home at lunchtime and move the Abarth out of the garage so that the electrician could change/uprate an RCBO (breaker). So, as it's a sunny day I thought I'd take it back to work with me Grin How I've missed it's funny ways Wink Not the sort of car that should be used every day IMHO, but great for those jaunts in the sun.

Got to work and was surrounded by co-workers - all having good comments and smiling. Some even took Arbie's pcture on their fones Grin Grin Had to take my new line manager out in it to - to the local supermarket about 2 miles away because he'd 'forgotten' that his car was in for a service!  Wink Cool

Yeah, having a good 131 day today Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 03:27:57 PM »

It's just as nice a day here too Simon.

My new garage door has just been fitted and both 131s are coming out of hibernation in about an hours time to see their new home and to adapt to co-habitation (after an initial getting to know each other session I'm expecting some baby 131s in a few months time).  Wink

Did any of your co-workers question the 131's authenticity...? Grin Wink
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:59:02 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
parrish

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »

Raining in Spain and my car wont start! Embarrassed

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
paulcas

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 07:41:47 PM »

Simon,
I had the very same idea  Cool but alas my 131 didn't start  Undecided

Kev,
if you need any of those baby 131's adopted when they arrive, I'm sure we can find good homes for them  Wink
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 06:02:15 PM »

No Kev,

No-one questioned it's authenticity, but then most of them didn't know what it was Roll Eyes

My car started alright, which was certainly a bit of a surprise. A couple of turns of the engine and several pumps on the accelerator had the engine spinning a treat Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
parrish

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 07:19:27 PM »

lucky you Simon,
churning and churning over with no success.
Omex ecu/efi + programe = 0
Fuel delivery problems? injectors not delivering, investigations ongoing.
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.