Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 08:48:09 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Eurovision 2011
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eurovision 2011  (Read 3727 times)
parrish

« on: May 16, 2011, 03:23:18 AM »

Theo,
are you back yet?
Im looking forward to your comments and the normally excellent photos of the night Grin
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
Tas131

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 03:33:14 AM »

So who won it, I couldn't be bothered sitting through the voting count crap.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 07:08:06 AM »

The winner is.......Azerbi......Azerbaij........Azerbaijan.......or something like that Grin Grin I didn't even think they were part of Europe Shocked. The fact that Azerbaijan has borders with various former Russian states and is an 'oil producing' country (which supplied most of the Russian military's fuel needs during WW2!) has nothing to do with the huge amount of votes it's mediocre (IMHO at least) song recieved! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Who said political voting was dead? Huh

It won't be long before China appear on Eurovision at this rate........... Roll Eyes

Also interesting to note that some of the performers of the winning entry live in London, ENGLAND, a very long way from their home Capital of Baku.

So Theo, will you be driving to Azerbaijan next year? Grin
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 07:21:01 AM by simon131 » Logged

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »

Yes, I'm now back from D?sseldorf after an excellent, as always of course,  Eurovision Song Contest!  Grin

You know you shouldn't have asked but you did  Wink so here I go  Cheesy

It was another great Eurovision Song Contest although for me it was missing something which makes attending the Eurovision a special event. I don't know if it's a case of I've been to too many and the novelty is wearing off or the special buzz of these events was missing. I think it's the latter and I'll have to go to next year's  Eurosong to find out  Grin

So Theo, will you be driving to Azerbaijan next year? Grin

No, but I will be flying. BMI fly direct to Baku apparently but it seems the better way is to fly with Aeroflot via Moscow (I've started my research already). So I may get to see Moscow for a couple of days as well; something I've been trying to do for years but the Deep Forest concert I was to attend there was cancelled and my daughter had exams when the Eurovision Song Contest was in Moscow so we couldn't attend. Of course I could visit Moscow without a music event being involved but where's the fun it that?  Grin

The winning song was a bit of surprise for many but I quite liked it from the first time I heard it. Then again by the time of the Eurovision I quite liked most of the songs as I had heard them all so many times  Cheesy Wink For those of you who are ashamed to admit you watched it  Wink the final results are below. By the way, the BBC has today announced that Saturday's Eurovision Song Contest final was the most watched in the United Kingdom since 1999 with a massive 40.4% of the TV audience watching it, so a lot of you in the UK must have been watching but not admitting to it.

ESC 2011 Final Results:

1. Azerbaijan  
 2. Italy
 3. Sweden
 4. Ukraine
 5. Denmark
 6. Bosnia & Herzegovina
 7. Greece
 8. Ireland
 9. Georgia
10. Germany
11. United Kingdom
12. Moldova
13. Slovenia
14. Serbia
15. France
16. Russia
17. Romania
18. Austria
19. Lithuania
20. Iceland
21. Finland
22. Hungary
23. Spain
24. Estonia
25. Switzerland

Strangely, during the First Semi Final in which both the winning song from Azerbaijan and the song from Greece had qualified for the final, the Greek song got the most votes with the song from Azerbaijan coming second:

ESC 2011 First Semi-Final Results:

1. Greece
 2. Azerbaijan
 3. Finland
 4. Iceland
 5. Lithuania
 6. Georgia
 7. Hungary
 8. Serbia
 9. Russia
10. Switzerland
11. Malta
12. Armenia
13. Turkey
14. Albania
15. Croatia
16. San Marino
17. Norway
18. Portugal
19. Poland

And if you are interested:

ESC 2011 Second Semi-Final Results:

1. Sweden
2. Denmark
3. Slovenia
4. Romania
5. Bosnia & Herzegovina
6. Ukraine
7. Austria
8. Ireland
9. Estonia
10. Moldova
11. Belgium
12. Bulgaria
13. Slovakia
14. Belarus
15. Israel
16. F.Y.R. Macedonia
17. Latvia
18. Cyprus
19. The Netherlands

Also of interest are the Australian results. The Australians are very much into the Eurovision Song Contest, in fact they very much want to take part but are not allowed as they are not full members of the EBU (and they can only be associate members due to their location). Australia holds a Eurovision weekend from Friday to Sunday where the First and Second Semi Finals are shown culminating in the Final show on Sunday evening. During the Final the Australian public get their chance to televote for their winner. Here's their televote results:

ESC 2011 Australian Televoting Final Results:

1. Ireland
2. Greece
3. Serbia
4. Bosnia & Herzegovina
5. Moldova
6. Hungary
7. Sweden
8. Denmark
9. United Kingdom
10. Ukraine
11. Finland
12. Romania
13. Iceland
14. Russia
15. Italy
16. Germany
17. Estonia
18. Slovenia
19. France
20. Austria
21. Georgia
22. Spain
23. Switzerland
24. Lithuania
25. Azerbaijan

It will be interesting to see the difference between the European televoting and Jury vote but those results haven't been released yet; I shall bore you with them when they are.

Highlight of the Eurovision week in Dusseldorf for my daughter was meeting Blue and having her photo taken with them  Grin We chatted with them for a while and they are a very nice bunch of guys, shame they didn't do better as they and their song deserved to do much better than 11th place.

* P1080625cs.JPG (210.22 KB, 594x800 - viewed 319 times.)

* P1080626as.jpg (375.04 KB, 688x600 - viewed 352 times.)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:53:08 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 06:23:11 PM »

I think that everyone was just watching it waiting for Match of the Day to see Man Utd win the premier league Wink

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Rob 131

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 05:05:07 AM »

I for one have managed to bury his head in the sand (no shortage of it here) as regards the football, not wishing to see Man U with more Trophies then Liverpool Cry Cry Cry, and then losing to Spurs for the probable 5th place Undecided Huh Cry.  The local Abu Dhabi Team of Man City won the FA Cup, although perhaps not what they wanted considering the investment. Fortunatly I'll be in the USA when the Champions League Final is on  Grin Grin Not a footballing country so I won't get to see Fergie and his team  Cool Cool

Sorry to change the theme, I just saw Mirafiori Man's ref to MU.

I for one love the Eurovision, except in recent years the voting  Smiley

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.