Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 04:04:49 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  old build from a few years back
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: old build from a few years back  (Read 2504 times)
daverwd

« on: August 14, 2011, 07:57:41 PM »

* dave's 131 (1999).jpg (510.19 KB, 1700x2338 - viewed 369 times.)
daverwd

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 08:27:30 PM »

top pic is of replica i built years back , it now sits in willie's garage  ..
but this is the earliest pic of it i have .. it was only a week old and i drove it to donegal for a weekend .. it has the wrong grill which i didn't source till later in the cars life..
the pic of the 4 door series 3 supermirafiori is of my dad's car.. reg.VSI 355 ..
anyone know where it is now?

* VSI 355 (1987).jpg (472.36 KB, 1700x2338 - viewed 329 times.)
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 09:07:54 PM »

Good to see you postings pics Dave.  Cheesy

The white one brings back happy memories of driving the car down around your back roads. Good that it still remains in enthusiast hands and in Ireland.

I never knew that your dad had a 131 - I guess that's where a lot of us (younger ones) got our love for the car from!  Wink

I've also never seen an Irish car in the bronze metallic colour - The colour used for the official Fiat brochure for the series 3. Great colour in the metal.  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
daverwd

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 10:32:23 PM »

yeah it was the brochure  colour ..it got a new drivers door moulding as it got a heavy scuff on it and it was always a shade out in colour as you can see in pic ..i didn't think the bronze was that rare a colour ..
this car was only 7 months old when he bought it off an italian guy running a chippers in thomas street dublin.. dad had  2  131 supermirafiori's before this one ..  dad always claimed this car was never as fast on the acceleration as the previous 2000tc 131 he had ..as his previous car i think had a head from a 1600tc on a 2000 block & a rear diff from a 131 estate car .. great acceleration but flat out a 100mph..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.