Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:43:07 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Putting the record straight
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Putting the record straight  (Read 7806 times)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« on: January 30, 2007, 07:42:50 AM »

I have it on good authority that certain members of the 131 franternity have been spreading malicious comments about me following the listing on ebay of 131 Sport, which I find extremely hurtful and damning. I cannot let the matter lie without setting the record straight.

Firstly - I am not a "self-called 131 expert". I have never called myself a 131 expert - I leave that to others, and only then if they think it appropriate. If owning more than 35 131's in a 20 year period, running the 131 Register of the FIAT Motor Club for more than 18 years, and being a national committee member (including the holding of Vice-Chairman) renders me an expert, then as I have said before, it's for others to decide.

I would say that with the exception of my friends Theo Kyriacou and Kevin Doyle, I can think of no-one who has fought the '131 cause' nearly as much as me, for so long, or been so 'high profile', but again this doesn't make me an expert, nor does it mean that people can 'throw stones' at me.

Secondly - "pain in the ass" I may be - however this certain person was brave enough to hide behind annonymity, so I don't know whether I have been so to them. If this somebody has got something to say, then say it to my face, otherwise keep your comments to yourself.

Thirdly - I never "ripped ..the car apart".(My original posting is in this forum - see for yourselves). Like the rest of the World's population, I am entitled to my opinion, but at the end of the day, it's exactly that, an opinion. You can take it or leave it.

If anyone seeks to blacken my name, or that of my family, and/or feels it necessary to slander me, I shall use every available course (legal if necessary) to ensure that I am cleared.

Also, computers are never annonymous - every single action leaves a 'fingerprint'.

The listing made by the vendor after his sale has now been removed from ebay following a request made by a friend. My thanks to him for that.

Simon Ryle

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
covjek

FIAT 131 SUPERMIRAFIORI 2.5 D

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 08:21:19 AM »

I second that!It`s not nice to slander people especially on hear-say basis Angry.As Simon said,everyone is entitled to his own opinion,and mine is that he knows a lot more than me.If i understood correctly,this forum was about 131 enthusiasts and not a sewing circle and so i say,let`s stick to the 131.As for you Simon,you got my vote Wink.Please keep posting,because i think you have much to say about our mutual field of interest.Thanks!

Vedran Svircic
Zapresic,Croatia
parrish

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 09:21:18 AM »

Here here i agree whole heartedly.
Problem  here is that when someone is selling something things can get a bit techy if advise is given from third parties, and that advise is on the negative side, lets face it its not the first time we have seen this on any forum!
Advise given by others is simply that 'advise', take it or leave it but people certainly shouldnt resort to any level of slander.
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
20vturbo

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 06:22:08 PM »

he also mentioned me in his relisted ad,wonder if it will be on fleabay again reduced by another 3 k Undecided
mclements131

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »

Huh Huh Huh Huh was x reg my frend bougt from e  bay. good car Cheesy
thanks. great forum guys best for 131 Cool Cool
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 03:54:21 PM »

SIMON,

FULL SUPPORT FROM ME AS WELL !

I HOPE THE  GUY HAS THE GUTS TO APOLOGIZE IN PUBLIC !

IF NOT I WILL BE HAPPY TO ASSIST IN IDENTIFYING HIM FOR LEGAL ACTION.

MIRO

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »

Thanks to you all for your support.? Smiley It's extremely heart warming.? Grin

Unfortunately the guy who left these unsolicited comments about me on the ebay posting has not made any sort of apology, let alone a public one Roll Eyes but I suppose that's the measure of a person who hides behind annonymity Undecided

Thankfully he has not reared his head again, and the original comments were almost two years ago now, so I've just let things lie.

Thanks again. I appreciate your kind words. Smiley

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 07:30:15 PM »

RIOT Tongue thought i missed all the action ,what ;where;  then  i realised it was 2 flippin years ago Roll Eyes

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
theredx19
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 08:39:43 PM »

This is a problem when you do become high profile in a field as lets face it who in Ireland with a Fiat doesn't know me but what they do know is I speak my mind but never hide from it as that is a coward. If you are going to make coments knock on the mans front door and say it to his face as if you cant do this it is all but lies and malice....
sid131

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 09:11:58 PM »

This time last year i didnt have a 131 now i do & i know the t-shirt man! lol.
theredx19
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 09:53:35 PM »

Yes you do and sure I got to meet another Fiat lover last year and he even got me to say nice things about a Toyota who would have thought  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Gremlino

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »

i know the t-shirt man!

Ah, but do you know the Muffin man?

Signature has gone Kaput!
covjek

FIAT 131 SUPERMIRAFIORI 2.5 D

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 05:37:37 PM »

the Muffin man,the Muffin man?  Grin

Vedran Svircic
Zapresic,Croatia
gay131lover
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 05:38:46 PM »

hi guys yes simon i would agree its not nice to be slandered and yes if it were not for you theo and kevin doyle this forum would not be here and yes maybe you can be a pain in the a.. your words not mine  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 07:04:11 PM »

Interesting comments - Wonder how well you know Simon or how often you have met him.

I don't think Simon was inviting anyone to comment on his self reflection. The main message (in case it was missed) was that the poster of the "slanderous" comments remained anonymous, somewhat like some of the posters on forums in general.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.