Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 04:10:07 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Feedback required Spain
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feedback required Spain  (Read 6176 times)
parrish

« on: May 23, 2012, 10:33:12 AM »

Q: If 3MA were to be organised for Spain, more particularly near Granada the Sierra Nevada's and the Costa Tropical region, would many be interested in attending.

The South of Spain is a good distance from many other european countries, nearest ferry port for UK travelers i would sugest would be Bilbao (422 miles from Bilbao to Granada).
Any one comming form Netherlands would be looking at a distance of 1800km!! one way!

I think if a 3MA in Spain is to happen it would have to be 7 - 10 days duration just to cover the journey time.

Your thoughts please
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:56:15 AM »

Steve,

Thanks very much for this suggestion.  Grin Cool

As you have said, it is a very long way to drive, even taking into account the ferry to Bilbao from the UK.  Undecided Some of us, myself especially, would be willing to travel such a long way in our 131, but unfortunately many would be put off by the distance - which is a shame.

Our European (Dutch and German) attendees would have the furthest to drive and in a near 30 year old Fiat 131 it would probably only be for the bravest owner. Grin

I will not speak for others though, and look forward to what others say. Tongue

Cheers

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 12:35:04 PM »

I agree with everything Simon said  Wink

While I am (in principle at least) willing to make such a long journey, I doubt many others will. But as Simon said, let's wait to hear what others have to say.

Incidentally, while most car meetings/events tend to be one or two day (weekend) events, the reason we decided from the beginning that the 3ma meetings will be four day events was to make it worthwhile for people to travel long distances to attend a 3ma. It's worth travelling a couple of days to get there and a couple of days to get back from a four day event while people wouldn't necessarily travel such long distances for a one or two day event.

One of the objectives of the 3ma meetings is to allow us to drive and enjoy our 131s  Cheesy So the more driving the better, I say  Grin There were no complaints when we drove to Turin in 2009; that was about 2500Km of driving there an back on top of the 3ma driving for us in the UK and there weren't any complaints about it being too far. I'm rather disappointed that suddenly most suggestions for 3ma locations are 'too far to travel'  Embarrassed

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Heini131

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 02:33:13 PM »

Wow, just had a look on GoogleMaps, 2400km one way  Shocked

But I agree with Simon, only the brave will survive  Cool Grin Grin Cool

Sorry, but I can`t spend any more time here on this forum because I need every Minute to find me a 2.0 Supermirafiori...  Wink
Heard they seem to be the best 131 for long distances  Grin

Fiat 131 S 1.6 green, Fiat 131 Walter Röhrl orange,Fiat 131 mirafioriSport orange
Robert

Hasta la victoria siempre!

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 02:49:43 PM »

While I say "can be done, but..." Ingrid says "No Way - period".

Anyway, the most stylish way to go to Granada would be in a Granada, even if it's a Ford  Wink

Current motors: Fiat 131 Sport 2000TC "WR Replica" 1978, Fiat Dino 2400 BC 1972, Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1974, Mercedes-Benz 560SEL 1987, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 24V 1999, Volvo V70 T5 2000 ("VascoExpress")
Phil

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 09:10:17 PM »

I think I will have to go with the others on this one.

Google maps shows it as 1400 miles each way  Shocked

From Bilbao is showing as Google shows over 800KM or in English 480 miles each way thats without getting to the ferry or the cost of a very long crossing Huh

One last thing I only have 5000 miles on my annual insurance policy I would be a serious risk of using it all up in a week Grin
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:15:20 PM by Phil » Logged

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 09:24:27 PM »

What about Northern Spain somewhere Steve? I know it's not your stamping ground but that would be closer to the '09 distance to Turin. That trip could be done over two days - I remember the driving through France to be quite pleasant especially in a small convoy.  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Rob 131

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 06:30:56 AM »

Once upon a time I worked in Portugal (Algarve) and drove a few times back and forth to Chester via Santander or Cherboug. Both were serious distances, I was alot younger  Undecided Undecided and I had a Motorway Highly Friendly 6 Cyl E30 320iSE Grin Grin. My best time via Cherbourg was under 2 days and the weather for was awful 150 miles either side of San Sabastian Wink.

Spain especially the North is great driving country.

The other thing to consider is that although the Brittany Ferries service from Portsmouth to Santander is excellent on the Mv Pont Aven and is a great experience in itself Smiley Smiley, lets just say you get what you pay for. I would check the price of this.

Whatever you decide, I want to be there in some capacity Smiley Smiley.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
parrish

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 05:09:40 PM »

Thanks for the feedback,
I have to agree with all the comments, it is simply too far for many to travel.
Northern spain: Not so far to travel, but as i would have to be involved and know little about the region i dont think that would work.
All is not lost though as i may consider organising a sort of Mini3MA here in Andalucia some time next year, ill keep you all informed maybe i can organise some fly and drive with some local FIAT fans!
Regards
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 07:28:41 AM »

Sounds like a nice idea Steve. Keep us posted.  Grin Cool

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.