Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:18:49 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3MA 2008, 2009 and beyond
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3MA 2008, 2009 and beyond  (Read 17697 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: May 23, 2007, 02:16:41 PM »

The father of a friend of mine had the annoying habit of always saying as soon as we sat down to dinner "What would you like for dinner tomorrow?". While his eagerness to find out people's dinner wishes for the following day before anyone had even started their dinner on the day seemed very strange, he explained that it was the only time he had everyone's attention and everyone had dinner on their mind. (Plus he used to get up at 5:00 am to go to the local market and buy fresh produce for dinner.)

So now that everyone has 3MA on their mind and we seem to have the attention of a lot of people, let's talk about 3MA for next year and also 2009! The reason for jumping to 2009 is because it will be the 35th anniversary of the launch of the Fiat 131 and we thought it would be nice to organise a trip to Turin in our 131s to visit the birthplace of our favourite cars.  If we get sufficient interest then we should be able to organise visits to the Mirafiori factory and other interesting Fiat sites (Lingotto?). So if you would be interested in a little drive to Turin, post here to let us know. If it seems there's sufficient interest, we'll set up a registration form to make things slightly more official.

Assuming that 3MA 2009 will happen in Turin, it has been suggested that 3MA 2008 should be held in the UK or France, the two places that Irish cars can reach on a single ferry crossing.  So if you have any suggestions for a venue for 2008 then please post your suggestions here.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 12:03:54 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 02:27:56 PM »

I'm going - To both of them? ?Wink? Wink? Wink? I dont care where it is Theo.? Grin

I'm more OK with the UK for 08 and it may be the most likely venue for Irish drivers to go to in view of the length of the ferry crossing to Cherbourg. The other bonus of the UK is the apparently sizeable number of 131s in the UK already and it's also close to the continent for European participants. Wales (Snowdonia), North England (Lakes) or Scotland could be potential touring venues.

Wherever it turns out to be it would be useful to have somebody on the ground who knows the area to get the most out of it. Although we can always have another recce in the depths of winter!

We should also try to identify what were the high points of 07 and see if we can replicate them - I suspect an area of 10 square miles around Molls Gap added a certain "zing" to this year's event!? Grin Grin Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
martyk
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 06:42:53 PM »

hi theo thanks again for spring and thanks again to you kevin 131 and simom131for all your hard work in organising the event as for 2008 what about the north pole there was alot of side ways driving done in kerry ha ha  . lake windy up in the lake district would be nice to  a drive thru in mc donalds all the same i dont mind where i go as along as my road side buddy dave nolan is near by  Grin Grin my quote of the week there are no strangers in 3ma just 131 friends(houlagans) whom have never meet before Huh Huh Huh keep in touch guys by the way with my internet speed write me a letter instead bye for now martin from cavan ps can we move 2008 to next weekend Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
mccabe131

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 12:49:39 PM »

Hi all,i would to mirror martins thanks to the three wise and brave men who organised 3ma.rool on 2008-2009.venue is of no importance i will be there. just as long as someone reminds martin to bring a spare fuel pump Wink Wink.

Mick McCabe Kilkenny 1979 131 racing, 1980 1993 Fiat tipo sedicivalvole, 1989 1990 fiesta xr2i, 1991 sierra cosworth 4x4,1983 M B 300 GD,
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 10:57:08 AM »

Wherever it turns out to be it would be useful to have somebody on the ground who knows the area to get the most out of it. Although we can always have another recce in the depths of winter!

I'd certainly agree to that and would add that a recce is essential in any such event. If nothing else, for the routebook which at least some people made good use of during 3MA-2007.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »

OK, the simple polls on this forum do not allow for text entry so would the person who voted "Other European Country" for 3MA-2008 like to own up and tell us which country he/she would like and why?

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
parrish

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 07:49:33 AM »

Spain! (Granada) September time as it will be a little cooler for those without A/C and we have a classic/tuning car show in the town around then, oh and also 'Rally Granada' which has a classic element to it, i can arrange accomodation etc etc etc.
The sun is always shining!
Good food!
Good company!
Collect some spares!
And im here to help organise.
And heres some oher good reasons.
Orange ones mine.

And finally me posing with a Ferrari,

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
martyk
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 11:44:44 AM »

hi guys i bet theo thought it was me who put down other countries by the way have a new a addition to family a fiat tipo sedivi 2 litre 16 v going to put engine in 131 ha ha as for you micheal i am towing a spare car  Grin Grin Grin as for spain sounds very tempting will have to get a 7seater 131  Huh ps hope mc cabe 131 gets half a dozen rear shocks before then not to be frightening people coming other way i hope someone gets a dvd of footage my morse code line wont download videos sneer soon martyk  Grin Grin Grin
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »

I've only been to Spain once and that was just for a day (drove to Seville for the day from Portugal). It was far better than I expected and would very much like to see more of Spain so maybe not a bad idea.... Simon has driven to Spain from the UK (although not in a 131) so maybe he can tell the rest of us the details of driving to Spain...

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 01:47:32 PM »

I think that driving from the UK to Spain in one go in a 131 might be asking a bit too much! Shocked Shocked But I did drive from Hampshire to Barcelona, some 1,000 miles, only stopping for fuel and comfort breaks, in about 16 hours, last July. I certainly wouldn't recommend it Roll Eyes but at the time it had to be done Roll Eyes

This included driving through the centre of Paris too, which I learnt from on the way back! Roll Eyes

Driving long distances on the roads of continental Europe is no sweat at all, especially in a lazy, large capacity '6' as manufactured by our German cousins. Cool Wink

Last April I took the Abarth to central France for a HRCR rally and it was a privilege. No pain, no breakdowns and no stereo! Grin The same can be said for the 3MA weekend too. 1,250 miles without mishap or back pain, so long journeys can easily be done in a 131 Grin Wink Grin

When are we going??? Cool

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
effe131

Fiat 131 Supermirafiori 1.3 Tc 1983

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »

hello to all the friends of the 131 are a time P? that I do not make myself to feel, but want to express mine compliment for the resolution of the gathering of the 131 hope so much that in the 2009 the greatest gathering can itself be made Turin than Fiat 131 if you have need of a hand for the contact directed with Italian Fiat fatemelo to know, I will be very lieto to help you to organize the greatest gathering than Fiat 131 to Turin salutes from Turin michele 

kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 04:57:37 PM »

Hi Michele

Thanks for the offer of help for 2009 - That would be very useful.

Once we see how 2008 goes we can understand how interested people are in travelling to Italy - It would be a great event and very attractive to Fiat 131 owners.

I will be in Italy in September - Near Lake Como. Maybe you could tell me the best car musuems to visit.  Grin Grin

Gracie mille.

Kev

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
effe131

Fiat 131 Supermirafiori 1.3 Tc 1983

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 07:33:41 PM »

hello, you council a series of museums to attend, that I enclose... would be much beautiful one for you that six gotten passionate of cars of Fiat to visit the historical archives Fiat, single visitabile on appointment (if serves tries the telephone number to you) where can see of the beautifulst Italian cars, is truly the much beautiful also museum of the automobile that we have to Turin, but unfortunately is closed for jobs the past month and will reopen beautifulr and larger in 2011 for the 150 anniversary of the unit of Italy.
you come in vancanza with the 131?
would be beautifulst to be able to organize a great gathering of Fiat 131 to Turin in even centers them san carlo square here who would make one beautifulst frame for of the beautiful alive cars Fiat 131!
hello michele, Turin Wink

http://www.museonicolis.com/website/main.htm

http://www.museobonfanti.veneto.it/

http://www.collezionegraziano.it/azienda.htm

http://www.archiviostorico.alfaromeo.it/

http://www.museoauto.it/mambo/

Andy c

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 11:04:35 AM »

how about starting off in the cotswolds maybe including a track day at castle combe
then venturing into wales

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Andy c

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 08:07:50 PM »

just back from hols in majorca no 131s found however some fantastic driving in the mountains

* PICT0094.JPG (290.56 KB, 640x480 - viewed 837 times.)

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.