Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:09:57 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 Volumetrico registrationnumber
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 Volumetrico registrationnumber  (Read 11532 times)
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« on: August 22, 2007, 09:06:06 PM »

Members,

Is there anybody around who knows something about the 131 Volumetrico who was owned by Gianni Agnelli from Fiat?  The story goes he had a Supermirafiori Volumetrico in silvergrey. There must be even a film in which he drives this car. I'm extremely interested in the registrationnumber of that car because my blue customized Volumetrico could be his former car. That car was originally also silvergrey. It is fitted with airconditioning(not common on a Volumetrico because the aircocompressor is normally at the place of the Volumexcompressor). From my italian friend Mauro I heard he knows of only 1 more car with airco.The car is first registered on the Fiat auto spa in Torino. The modifications on this car are plentyfull but done so properly it must have been an extremely careful and expensive job. A few parts are from Lancia, in the time the car was converted Abarth at Corso Marche changed into Lancia Corse. This car is fitted with Delta Integrale wheels, meters from 131 Abarth Stradale combined with Lancia Delta ones,a blue?? original headlining(I never saw that on any other production car), blue carpets and a full beige leather interior, at the front are Recaro's with pumps to bush the back like a Ford Granada(Scorpio in Holland). There is even a temperaturemeter for the inside for the passengers. When the car is out of storage I take pics from the details. I hope anybody can help or want to answer anything anyway.

* DSC00180.JPG (154.24 KB, 640x480 - viewed 478 times.)

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 12:03:54 AM »

Hi Albert - Wow - What a stunning car - I've never heard of this car or one with this kind of spec straight from Fiat.

Yes please - More pictures when you can, would be very appreciated.  Wink

Good luck with your search for more info - How did you find the car in the first place? Has it been through many owners before you bought it?

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 11:46:56 AM »

Hello Albert,

I remember seeing the program with Gianni Agnelli driving his Silver 131 and saying it's his favourite Fiat and explaining why (although I believe he has claimed several other models as his "favourite Fiat"). He was driving round a test track when he was talking about the car and I think it might have been the Lignotto roof top track. I am also fairly sure that that car had bullet proof windows because I remember him claiming that "the extra weight has not affected the superb handling of the car".

Whether your blue car is the same one or not doesn't detract from the fact that your car is an absolute stunner! The combination of the dark blue colour outside and the light tan/cream leather interior is superb! I don't think the car would look as good in Silver so please don't be tempted to change it to Silver.

I feel a strong urge to get in my 131 and visit Holland! It's one of my favourite countries and if there was any chance of being able to see your great selection of 131s then I would be over there very quickly!

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 11:58:30 AM »

I have to agree with Theo - the car in blue is stunning! Grin Grin I love the leather interior - but am surprised to see the grille/headlamp arrangement. I thought that the slatted grille and four same sized headlamp set-up was unique to the Series 3 diesel and later 2000TC Panorama models Huh

I too like Holland - perhaps a trip is in order - via Belgium? Shocked Grin Grin Cheesy Shocked Cheesy

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 12:09:16 PM »

perhaps a trip is in order - via Belgium  Shocked Grin Grin Cheesy Shocked Cheesy

Other way round I think. Visit Albert first and convince him to join us on our onward visit to GM in Belgium... When shall I book the ferry?  Cheesy Cool Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 12:42:33 PM »

Out late Friday night and back late Sunday night - for any weekend in September Theo Wink Grin Wink Tongue

(Just don't tell the wife!) Wink

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 01:01:46 PM »

GM's place (number 3 on the map) is almost on-route to Albert's (number 2 on map). So I'll meet you in the Brewster's carpark just off Junction 4 of the M20 (number 1 on the map) and it's just 600 miles round trip so easily do the less than 300 miles to Dronten, Flevoland, Netherlands on Friday night...  Grin

* LetsGo!.jpg (182.71 KB, 759x547 - viewed 508 times.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 01:03:49 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 01:11:15 PM »

Ok Theo - you're starting to get scary now Grin I think we could actually do it quite easily, but it would mean an early shoot from work on the Friday, or a drive through the night so that we arrive early Saturday morning - albeit extremely tired Cheesy

When and, perhaps more importantly, how much?? Cool

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 01:34:05 PM »

It doesn't take much to get me going especially when 131s are involved!  Grin Grin
But I am joking (almost!) or only being half-serious...  Grin
We need to be invited first anyway...  Grin Wink Cool

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 07:21:51 PM »

You are invited both, no problem! My girlfriend liked very much the so called discussion after the question I asked. Soon there will be a lot more pictures of this great car. I can tell you how I came to it. I visited with my friend Remo a 131 meeting in Lugano, switzerland.  Remo owns the grey Racing with red interior which is under restoration now. He is a long time Fiatfan with a large brochurecollection and an quite incredible knowledge. Our german friend Hans Josef also wanted to visit the meeting but couldn't. He heard of a blue Volumetrico with airco in a carpark in Torino. If we wanted to give the car a look. OF COUSE WE WANTED! So, after the meeting we went with Mauro, our italian Volumetrico guy to Torino. We knew that a  Supermirafiori Volumetrico has to be silvergrey and airco was normally not available. Because of that we expected an Abarthised normal car with Lancia parts or some other hulk. We had to go into a closed underground carpark. In there was a small carbusiness where the car was under a lot of dust. The inside was incredibly dirty but all intact and the dirt was only from standing.Can you imagine what I felt when I was around this car?? There was some 7800km on the clock, original or not? I really don't know.Not damaged at all, in great condition, only dirty and with all the original details, so a real Volumetrico. It looks on the documents that it had 3 owners before in Italy.Mauro was very surprised about the car and I expect he was happy we saved the car for the future. A friend of him with a small workshop picked the car up because it didn't run for years. There they found out that the waterpumps inside was almost completely rotten away. Because of that we took even more care, changed the belts,oil, coolant, waterpump and even the head came of. Luckily that was still in great shape. So the car had the service, then Mauro drove it to me in Holland.

Theo, the program you saw is the one I'm searching for, does anybody have it on tape or dvd or so??

There is a second theory about this car, be sure it's ONLY a theory. This car could be made especially for a carshow or so, Geneva? to stand on the Abarth stand OR can be made for a special client from Fiat, maybe some celebrity from  Foorballclub Juventus(owned by Fiat) or so?  I'm just try to sort out the early history. Brings fun, the car is magnificent.

bellamacchina  Albert

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 08:11:49 PM »

a 131 meeting in Lugano, switzerland. 

Shocked Why didn't we know about this? Lugano, sun, and lots of 131s! What could be better ?

Theo, the program you saw is the one I'm searching for, does anybody have it on tape or dvd or so??

I remember seeing the program but that's all. I can't remember what it was called and it must have been at least 20 years ago! I'll go emule searching to see what I can find... (I'm quite good at finding these things... Wink Smiley)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 08:14:19 PM »

Would be great!

Lugano was in 2001,I know this site only 1 week!

bellamacchina  Albert

jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 08:31:07 PM »

More looooovly 131's, an other road trip ,im missing out again Huh Sad

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 08:48:46 PM »

Dont forget meeeeeeeee! I wannnna come 222222222!

Well !! - Maybe a visit to Nortern Eurpoe would be more interesting than Scotland...!!? Shocked Wink Wink Wink

(Although when I say I wanna come, it's as a passenger with Si or Theo). Unless we can get a convoy from Ireland to keep me company!

Jason - Just buy the white Sport on Ebay and paint it gun metal - Forget the price - You only live once and look at all the great fun you're missing out on!

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 08:57:53 PM »

Shocked yes yes yes sod the kids, wifey, morgage.....och! that hurt. yes dear i'll get of the computer now.... Cry

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.