Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:35:25 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3MA 2009 birthday of the 131 to Turin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3MA 2009 birthday of the 131 to Turin  (Read 5014 times)
effe131

Fiat 131 Supermirafiori 1.3 Tc 1983

« on: October 13, 2007, 06:36:48 PM »

hello to all from effe131-michele, continuous reading with much interest your beautifulst dedicated forum to mythical Fiat 131 even if I take part... hour me very little is piaciuta a lot the initiative dedicated to 3MA 2007, and spro that one dedicated for 2008 comes well also, but second me we would have to think all friends of Fiat 131 to its trentacinquesimo year of ages that avver? in 2009 and to sincerely would appeal to to see me, in its city born them, Turin, the festivity of birthday of mythical the 131 organizing therefore the 3MA to Turin, even to Mirafiori and to the Ingot center of Fiat mother... what thoughts... 2009 seems some one given far... but excused for my English hello michele Wink

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 07:32:11 PM »

As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, it is our intention to organise 3ma-2009 to take place in Turin. We hope to have several convoys from all over Europe terminating at our base in (or near) Turin and spend a few days with our 131s back in their birthplace. Nothing has been organised yet but Moncalieri just outside Turin might be our base and of course we intend to organise a visit to the Mirafiori factory as well as the Mirafiori village. But it's very early days yet and we need to get on with organising 3ma-2008 in Scotland first.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 08:11:17 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
parrish

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 10:41:44 AM »

Theo,
 i agree Scotland needs organising first, however commiting to a trip to Turin will take longer to organise, you may have to try and start some limited planning recce etc for 2009. The internet  is the perfect tool.
I would suggest asking others to help, im willing, if you need any assistance just ask.
I have driven from the UK to the south of Spain via Tolouse on a number of occasions now, i know Tolouse isnt Italy but it gets you as far as the Mediteranian coast, and i think that would probably be the best way to go, that is to follow the Medeteranian Coast from France to Italy.
Having said that ive just realised all the beautifull roads we would be missing through the alps and northern Italy.
How about asking Top Gear for the route they used!
Etap hotels would probably be the best option on route, cheap yet chearfull plenty available.
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 01:49:52 PM »

Hello Steve and thanks for your offer of help; we will be calling on a lot of people to help organise the trip to Turin because as you say it will take a lot of organising. Michelle, thanks too for your offer of help and suggestions and we'll also be taking you up on your offer to help especially as you are the local guy. Past experience tells me that it's a lot easier to organise things in Italy with local help in Italian. The Italians don't seem too eager to deal in English!

I drove to Turin from the UK three times and over the Alps is certainly the way to go. Last time was September last year for the Lancia Centenary Celebrations (photos at http://www.gammaconsortium.com/LTIM/) and the drive over the Alps was the highlight of the drive there and back. My first two drives to Turin (1983 and 1993) were done in just one day without an overnight stay but in 2006 I had an overnight stay in Troyes. I wouldn't expect to do the drive in a single day in a 131  (although my single day drive in 1983 was in a 1600 131S and there were a lot fewer motorways then).

But as said before, we need to organise 3MA-2008 in Scotland first before we turn our attentions to 2009 and Turin. In any case, if nobody turns up for 3MA 2008 in Scotland, it is unlikely that they'll attend Turin in 2009! 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 08:01:04 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
effe131

Fiat 131 Supermirafiori 1.3 Tc 1983

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 05:24:22 PM »

I hope that the 3ma of 2008 it comes optimally and with many 131... and salutes would appeal to to me to come anch' I michele/effe131 Wink

simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 01:30:11 PM »

Late on to this topic, sorry, I've been away on a family holiday to Rhodes and just recently back.

The "35th Anniversary of the 131" trip to Turin is something that we Three Amigos (Kev, Theo and myself) have been talking around for a while now. We even muted it prior to 3MA07 but were clearly not going to even mention it to others until we had proved that a) we could organise such an event in an English speaking country and b) we could prove that people would commit in numbers to a "131 only" touring event.

Overall, the three of us were extremely pleased with the response to 3MA07 amongst the 131 fraternity - but as organisers we have many serious considerations when putting together such a trip, not least that of time and cost of organisation and recces which have so far been borne by the three of us. The bigger the trip the greater these become.

Initial responses for Scotland 08 have been encouraging, so a trip to Italy in 2009 may well be the order of the day, but as with other large events of this nature, we shall be seeking some sort of sponsorship if only to keep the overall costs of all participants to a realistic level.

The final routes and location of the base for 3MA09 are something that still require a great deal more thought and consideration. I for one have no desire to drive through (car hating) Switzerland! I have driven the Italy - UK route on quite a few occasions now in 131s and for getting to Turin would favour the France, Germany, Austria, Italy route. We hope that we will have good participation from our Irish 'members' so driving down to the Med and across would be an extremely lengthy route for them.

I have a couple of contacts in Northern Italy and we are also hoping to get FIAT Auto themselves to buy in to our trip - although this may prove more difficult to do than say!

We will of course be looking for suggestions and comments closer to the event - but lets get 3MA08 under our belts first eh?? Grin Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.