Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:40:47 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  Connections (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Guy Croft Book: Tuning Fiat and Lancia Engines FREE Shipping
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guy Croft Book: Tuning Fiat and Lancia Engines FREE Shipping  (Read 9072 times)
bo ristic usa

1976 Fiat 131

« on: December 19, 2011, 02:08:31 PM »

Gents,
I wanted this book for long time. I bought it few weeks ago when Guy generously offered free shipping until end of December. In my oppinion the book worth every penny. No matter what is you level of expertise you will find interesting and important procedures for engine tuning. Just wanted to let you know that you can get fantastic Christmas gift. For you for the most part that is!! More details on Guy Croft Race Engines web site. Marry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Bo New Orleans
kes131

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 03:51:07 PM »

Hii Bo i bought one these years ago when they were much cheaper Grin and at half price brand new sealed RP ?38.00 back when i got mine was ?19.00  Wink i wrote in it to for my engine modification  Smiley its unbelievable how much they are selling for today !!!
parrish

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 04:13:19 PM »

A must for any Twin cam Fiat fans, a wealth of information and loads of lovely glossy photos.
Go on buy one 'You know you want to'
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
bo ristic usa

1976 Fiat 131

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 08:27:20 AM »

Mark, I though that the book was bit expensive until I learned that it is self published. That fact changed my attitude towards the book and the author. In general self publishing is losing proposition for the author for most of the time. Furthermore it is done by author for niche market with intention to share and preserve knowledge on subject. I belive this is best self published book I've ever encounter. In addition I belive this is one of the best technical book published overall. Kudoz to author for attention to detail and completeness. On another hand - publishing through pubishing firms is always done on simple principles of high volume sales and agressive and expensive advertisment that is targeting more less general population. Even than it may become losing proposition for author since after publishing and advertising cost author may expect return of U$1-2 per unit sold. Which means that for each 100,000 copies sold author may generate U$100-200K. Not many books hit 100,000 mark these days. Back to Guy and selfpublishing - I belive that book is give away since for 500 copies sold author may earn some profit. But if he devides that profit with number of hours spend in writing and preparing book he will figure that his hourly rate for the book project is bellow allowable minimum wage. May be even for China. I'm not writing these lines for sake of argument. I feel obligated to share my view on subject since I started the post. I hope I'm not offending any members and guests including author with my views and reasoning.  Also, I hope my views, reasoning and honesty is appreciated. In conclusion - if I have knowledge that Guy has I would not self publish book since it seems too much work for too little monetary and non-monetary return. Guy must be better person and stewart of motorsports than me since he must be finding joy and satisfaction in sharing and preserving his knowledge on the subject that is so dear to many of us. In my opinion that is motorsports philathropy.

Bo New Orleans
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.