Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:13:22 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Two weeks till 3ma12
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two weeks till 3ma12  (Read 16182 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 01:21:22 PM »

Does that mean you are volunteering to organise it Robert?  Wink Grin
Switzerland sounds good to me as I haven't been there and would like to  Wink Cheesy

See - I'm right about securing a volunteer first!!  Tongue Grin

I'd like Switz too and having driven the Stelvio Pass last year I can really reccommend it. Those with power steering will certainly appreciate that luxury!!

Now we just need to do a Mr T with Simon...!! Wink

For the record, my vote is still Normandy first and Ireland second.  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Phil

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 06:19:32 PM »

What about Spain, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Belgium, Latvia, Poland, Finland, Norway, Austria, Macedonia, Sweden, Russia  Shocked, etc. Greece even - or why not go to Turkey to see Yagmur and all those Tofas 131s.  Cool

Blimey Simon, I didn't realise your world tour had to be completed in one 3ma trip  Smiley we will need back up crews and all sorts Wink

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 11:41:24 PM »

And back up 131's for the trip also  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 06:49:45 AM »

Phil,

You cheeky man! I wasn't proposing driving to ALL of the Counties I stated in a single 3MA  Shocked - although I'm sure it would be huge fun! Cool

Guys,

For me neither France nor Ireland are on my list of 'Must revisit soon' I'm afraid - so looks like Mr T (and I don't mean Theo! Cheesy) will have to have a hand in convincing me.  Shocked

Robert's suggestion of the mountains of Austria, Switzerland, Italy and surrounds sound superb and would certainly get my vote. Cool I drove this area a few years ago when I was driving my Abarth home and it certainly gets my automotive juices flowing! Cheesy Grin Cool We'll just have to steer away from the Swiss motorway network otherwise we'll be 'stung' for several Euros in having to buy a pass! Undecided

It's good to get some ideas on the table before we hit the bar one evening at 3MA12. At least we can have a structured 'argument' now Grin Cheesy Wink

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
parrish

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 11:23:28 AM »

Did i see someone mention Spain? Grin

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
shopper

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »

osrav sport suspension kit....sold..! i have money for gasoline
i will see you soon....  Smiley
Phil

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 07:12:57 PM »

Ok being serious for a minute, Normandy / Britanny is certainly convenient but it sadly it doesn't get the heart racing. Tansy & I were chatting last night (before we saw your post Simon) about how fantastic the Switzerland / Austria / Italy triangle is and how great the scenery is with fantastic roads and don't forget those brilliant tunnels Grin Grin As Simon has already seconded Robert's idea I would like to third it Cool Cool

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
Heini131

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »

hey shopper, that is some good news  Smiley

Fiat 131 S 1.6 green, Fiat 131 Walter Röhrl orange,Fiat 131 mirafioriSport orange
Rob 131

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 05:26:08 AM »

Apologies in advance for those that live closer to Switzerland, Italy and Austria, so really this concerns those coming from Ireland and the UK. Isn't this just too far to travel to in a 131 Grin.

I have been planning (late as usual and not booked anything  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes my holiday this year in Susten (Switzerland) and Tuscany. Susten being the most Northerly is in excess of 800 Miles from Chester  Shocked Shocked. A fair distance in a modern car  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Comments please.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

Formally Owned an Orange 1979 131 Mirafiori Sport in 90/91

UK
Robert

Hasta la victoria siempre!

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2012, 05:48:43 PM »

Apologies in advance for those that live closer to Switzerland, Italy and Austria, so really this concerns those coming from Ireland and the UK. Isn't this just too far to travel to in a 131 Grin.

I have been planning (late as usual and not booked anything  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes my holiday this year in Susten (Switzerland) and Tuscany. Susten being the most Northerly is in excess of 800 Miles from Chester  Shocked Shocked. A fair distance in a modern car  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Comments please.

Rob, you want comments; here's mine, but I'm afraid you will not like it. Sorry for saying that, but if you are not prepared to go long distances in a 131 you'd better stick to the modern cars.

Some years ago (still being older than you are now) the wife and me went to Greece for rallying in my 131, doing 1800 km in this event in 3 days, altogether around 6000 kms during the whole trip. Hans M?ller, a friend of mine who was 60 years then, also participated in this event, going all the way from D?sseldorf to Greece (via Italy) alone in his Alfa Giulia, picking up his Greek codriver in Athens, doing the rallye and returning to D?sseldorf - all within 9 days. This is commitment to classic cars, not going to car meetings in your neighborhood.

Current motors: Fiat 131 Sport 2000TC "WR Replica" 1978, Fiat Dino 2400 BC 1972, Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1974, Mercedes-Benz 560SEL 1987, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 24V 1999, Volvo V70 T5 2000 ("VascoExpress")
Rob 131

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 05:29:16 AM »

Robert

Please don't apologise for stating your opinions on a certain subject, on the contrary I apprciate it.

Whilst I would be more adventurous then attending local shows, due to my circumstances (and I suspect many others on the forum) regarding work and family pressures I would not be prepared to do a trip as you have described or more specifically the proposed Switzerland / Austria / Italy. With more time (hopefully) when I am older undertaking the larger trips is something that would appeal.

What attracts me to Northern France is that it would be approximatly 1,000 miles over 5 or 6 days which is much more palatable.

Rob 131: 2019 BMW 530d M Sport, 2019 Mini Cooper Clubman, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 Performance Edition & 2012 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3JTDM

UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 10:09:47 AM »

Our 2009 3ma to Turin in Italy was the best 3ma so far for me  Wink  Cheesy
My drive to Italy for the Lancia Centenary celebrations in 2006 (http://www.gammaconsortium.com/LTIM/) was the best car event I have ever attended so it would seem that for some of us the distance traveled is not a problem and in fact for me it adds to the attractiveness and enjoyment of the event. So sorry Rob but I have to agree with Robert here; for those of us who are truly committed to classic cars driving a long distance to attend an event is never a problem  Wink

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Rob 131

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »

Theo

The outline plans for this year are Chester to (via Dover-Calais) Southern Tuscany (12 days) 1,150 Miles.

From there going to Susten in Switzerland (9 days) and then taking a few days possibly in Germany or Holland before returning to Chester. With day trips out I estimate a total of around 3,000 Miles  Shocked Shocked. So I am not frightened to do the miles. Still haven't bought a car yet to do all this in  Huh Undecided And it wasn't for the lack of trying  Undecided Undecided Cry

Could be some 131 viewings (purchase) whilst on this trip  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

What this clearly shows is that I haven't got Theo and Robert's appetite (yet) for long haul classic car events  Grin Cheesy

UK
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.