Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:52:42 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  FS: New 131 g.4 fast steering
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FS: New 131 g.4 fast steering  (Read 31347 times)
131rally

« on: August 10, 2012, 09:51:46 PM »

Im going to have new 131 abarth g.4 fast steerings made in professional gearfactory. Is anybody interested, I need five to make the order. It will cost 480?, and they will be exact copy of the factory g.4 steering. I have one to use as an example. Its going to be aprox 2,85-1 and the set includes only rack and pinion. I used similar in my ex rallycar, had it seven years without any problems. Contact at marko1vaisanen(at)gmail.com

Also, if someone has material of 131 g.2 Racing, Im interested. I do have homologation papers, but they dont include abarth style fender extensions which are commonly seen in g.2 cars.

Marko
www.131abarth.com
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 09:57:07 AM »

Marko,

For those who are not familiar with the issue ( if there are still any).

Original Gr 4 homologation ( dated I April 1976) included a steering rack with 2.85  ratio (2.85 turns lock to lock). with a steering shock absorber. 

Why 2.85 and not standard 3.2 ?

For sport performance you need the steering wheel to be "quicker"  so that the car turns "quicker" . This is essential in performance driving otherwise you cannot conquer tight turns , and controlling the car in a rear slide is much more difficult (sometimes impossible given the speed and friction of a second required to react or quick wheel opposite side "swivels" required to put the car on the right track to put the car into a controlled rear slide on a curve. 

The 2.85 ratio proved to be very good and was never changed. The only other modification to the steering was  six months later (1 October 1976) when reinforced steering rods were homologated.         

This setup proved to work perfectly and required no more changes as long as 131 abarth was actively ralied in European Rally Championship (which preceded WRC).

The steering rack can be installed in 131 Sport (Racing) or a standard civilian 131 . The racks are the same .

It is really a key part if one wants to race/ rally a 131. 

Now to business ,

Marco ,  As per previous communication:

Put me as number 1 on the orders list.

Miro

PS: I tried to source it before and fount only one (hard to find source) which wanted 1500 Euro . At 480 it is a real bargain 

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
longhamrob

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:27:48 AM »

I will have one. Should you have enough enquiries please email me on r3bel299@gmail.com.
131rally

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 07:47:24 PM »

There is three orders now, so two more to go.

Marko
Tas131

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 05:28:46 AM »

Only LHD I assume?

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
131rally

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 06:24:55 AM »

This order is for LHD, and ofcourse, there was no RHD g.4 cars ever made. BUT, if there is five independent RHD orders, they can be made also. And, if they are for street cars, they can be made to fit standard steering arms etc. So, if you can get more people in same order RHD is possible also.

The LHD order is going to be made in couple of weeks, I need to strip the g.4 steering in parts and have it sent to factory. Then they will draw plans and start manufacturing. Due the long orderlist, it can take up to three weeks.

Marko
131rally

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 12:58:59 PM »

Im going to proceed with the order next week. So, if there is somebody more who wants this, its the time to send e-mail to me.

Marko
MTH

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 01:13:25 AM »

I would be keen for the RHD if there is a chance to get them made up

Cheers

MTH

If everything seems to be in control, you're not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti
131rally

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 02:35:20 PM »

Hmmmm..  Huh Dunno if its enough, if the teeth is done to other end of the rack? Or, should the pinion be in different angle also? I can ask from the factory if they can figure it out. Its possible to be a bit more expensive cause only one is made. I think +100? should cover the difference. Do you have extra rack and pinion? If so, send me one as example, then it will be no problem to make the right rack and pinion for RHD.  Smiley

Marko
131rally

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 05:29:50 AM »

I just called to the gear factory. They told me RHD is no problem. They will use the LHD steering gear as sample, and make it opposite working on RHD steering gear core. It will cost 580? cause of low amount made, if there is five or more it will be the same 480?. I will post the example parts tomorrow to them, so now is the last time to get in to the order. I will post pictures of the parts later today, I stripped the G4 gear yesterday, I need to wash them first to have clear pictures.

Marko
131rally

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 02:42:05 PM »

If somebody is interested, the deal is still open for orders.   Smiley

Marko
sportman

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »

hi where are all the guy's dit an order but dont pay yet tho MARKO Huh??
131rally

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 02:25:03 PM »

Miro-1980, check your e-mail and PM.
Walker

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 02:34:43 AM »

Hi

I hope it's not to late but I would like one too. I will send you a PM.
131rally

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 02:55:20 PM »

I replied to your PM. And to others, the order will go in few days.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.