Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:35:59 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  M2M13140
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: M2M13140  (Read 77875 times)
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2014, 01:29:25 PM »

And I still feel guilty about that, so don't remind me Kev. Undecided Lips Sealed Cry

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
irisheyes

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2014, 04:14:17 PM »

Here's a reverse MINI trip to whet the appetite from the 25 second to the 2 minute mark.
(although some of the scenes seem to be out of sequence).

Hope the weather is good for all who is making the trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJrjsBGSQm4&list=TLHOkKihpgLgY1MLD38eFQ7lHjyZJ9ghsk&index=2

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:32:25 PM by irisheyes » Logged
irisheyes

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2014, 04:51:21 PM »

Hi all,

Just putting some feelers out to all the M2M'ers out there.

Because I don't have a 131 myself, Christopher Conlon offered me a seat in his car if I wanted to join in with the M2M parade.

Kevin Doyle has also kindly offered me a lift from Dublin to meet up with Christopher but I have a problem in that I may have to get back to Dublin on the Sunday (Sept 7th) when the entourage hits Galway on the Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Normally, that?d be great as there is a good train service between Galway and Dublin and I could do a spot of freight hopping  Roll Eyes.
Unfortunately, the train workers union are taking industrial action on a number of weekends, the 7th being one of them and because of it, there are no train services running anywhere on that day.

I could also take a bus from Galway but I think with no trains running, there will be a spill-over on to the buses and that could be messy. There is also a GAA All-Ireland football final taking place in Croke Park on the Same day and I?d say there?d be people travelling over to it from Galway.

As an additional safety net just in case a bus is hard get, is there anyone who is attending the M2M and planning on finishing up on the Sunday and maybe heading back to Dublin that day?  With a spare seat.

If I can wrap another few items up like accommodation I?ll certainly like to try and make it along.

Thanks guys

Rich  Smiley

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:14:49 PM by irisheyes » Logged
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2014, 08:23:38 PM »

After waiting until the eleventh hour I have 'called-it' and will now definitely be joining the '131 Boyz' for the M2M in Ireland  Cool

I have been waiting for my client to make a decision as to whether they will be keeping me on further than the contracted next one month notice period, but as they are reluctant to let me know I'm assuming that "no news is good news" - sort of  Undecided - so have bitten the bullet and booked the hotels and ferry.

I won't be in the Abarth I'm afraid - but will be in my yellow 1600 Special, which will probably have a bit of trouble keeping up with all you 2000TC guys, especially over the Healy Pass  Cry - just get a Guinness in for me at the pub and I'll be along shortly  Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2014, 09:53:56 PM »

Good news Si. I'm sure you'll find the more leisurely pace relaxing.  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Phil

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2014, 06:16:05 AM »

That's great news Simon. Sometimes it's good have a relaxed drive Roll Eyes Guinness sounds good to Cool

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2014, 04:16:31 PM »

Don't worry Si, we take the red lantern together with our 1600/TC Grin

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2014, 04:20:49 PM »

No need to rush around - Ireland has what's called "Irish time".

It'll be ready when it's ready - let's have a pint first!  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2014, 05:40:43 PM »

which will probably have a bit of trouble keeping up with all you 2000TC guys,

Now you know how i felt ,  Grin Grin

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2014, 03:23:42 PM »

We're getting close to the event now and it might be worth a few tips going up here to help everyone get the most out of the event.

First of all, these are our top tips learnt on many 131 events so far...

?   Please fill with petrol on the evening of each arrival. It avoids departure delays for the group on the following day and unscheduled fuel stops en route.
?   Please note planned departure times for each day and where quoted, planned stop times. Take a note of the arrival time and add the stop time to establish the departure time.

You can participate in the tour in one of three ways:

(1)   Follow the leader: (this is by far the most popular method based on past experience). It is the easiest but it does require each driver to be alert to staying in visual contact with the car in front at all times. Periodically the leader will pull in to allow cars to regroup but try to avoid letting gaps appear between you and the car you are following. Also try to help the car behind if they have become delayed.
(2)   Follow the directions and your map: This is a popular method if you get lost or separated from the convoy!!  Of course you can do this voluntarily at any time too and join the main group later.
(3)   Sat Nav: As advised already, everyone should have a working Sat Nav. Follow your own directions and rely on your sat nav and GPS co-ordinates. These are supplied for most of the main waypoints. Meet up with convoy at any time.

Please have breakdown insurance in case of a mishap. I'm sure it goes without saying to have valid and current motor insurance for driving in Ireland (where we drive on the left). Please have basics like a tow rope, jump leads, bulbs, high viz jackets, etc.  Also an umbrella!!!  Grin

Very few petrol stations have 98 Octane petrol so please bring whatever additives you will need for your highly tuned twin cam engines!  Smiley You should expect to drive around 1200/ 1500kms in Ireland.

I'm really looking forward to the event now and I hope that everyone has a great time.... Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2014, 06:20:00 PM »

"Highly tuned twin cam engines" - now there's an 'engine type-est' comment if ever there was one! Shocked  Wink Grin Grin Grin

Looks like I'll be buying a sat nav at the weekend too.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:51:01 PM by simon131 » Logged

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2014, 07:04:06 AM »

"Highly tuned twin cam engines" - now there's an 'engine type-est' comment if ever there was one! Shocked  Wink Grin Grin Grin

Looks like I'll be buying a sat nav at the weekend too.  Wink

It's possible that you might be only non TC car there Si....you never know...it could be the spur to get the Abarth finished in time for 3MA15! It'll be strange not seeing your angry red 131 on this event..... Sad

If you don't get a sat nav you can always stick to someone's bumper who does.... Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Phil

« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2014, 08:59:13 PM »

This week has been a bit trying, at one point I thought Tansy & I may not be going to M2M.

Those out with us on Sunday will know that the car suddenly stop idling and would stall when changing gear. Having traced the fault to something internal in the carburetor, I started to take the carb off and the coolant tube on the auto choke twisted of while still attached to the coolant hose  Cry Cry fortunately I had a sports carb "in stock"  Cool which is not to different to a series three super, now fitted and the car is running well. Grin

I am really glad we went for a drive at the weekend or else the failure would have been the start of the weeks drive in Ireland Sad Looking forward to seeing you all soon Grin       

* 20140827_182400.jpg (251.86 KB, 800x1066 - viewed 440 times.)

* 20140827_182408.jpg (161.72 KB, 800x600 - viewed 493 times.)

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
Sev131

« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2014, 09:54:27 PM »

Different internal jet sizes on the S3 2000 and Sport. Does she perform any different with this carb?
strada

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2014, 10:43:13 PM »

dont bin the whole carb, this part is replacable, im sure i have a couple some where amonst every thing else. also an electric unit off a ford sierra (of all things) will fit in the same place, (much easier to get hold of apparently).

my name is chris reynolds, i currently own 2x supermirafiori mk3, strada 65cl, strada75cl auto, strada super85 convertable, strada 105tc mk1, strada105tc mk2
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.