Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 06:53:47 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Abarth spare parts prices!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Abarth spare parts prices!  (Read 4562 times)
Fiat 131 Abarth#2

Fiat 131 Abarth Gr.4

« on: June 27, 2013, 07:29:46 AM »

always mad prices! is it gold or simply alloy?

http://www.subito.it/accessori-auto/testata-fiat-131-abarth-caltanissetta-68213329.htm

will it be more expensive in the next years or it's the highest price  Huh

i need a lottery win to finished my project 037.  Cry

Enzo from Germany!
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 08:41:07 AM »

Totally crazy! Roll Eyes

Enzo, do you know anyone who can supply me with a clutch for my Stradale? I'm in quite urgent need of one now  Undecided Ideally someone who is trustworthy and who won't charge me 10,000 Euros!  Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
daverwd

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 11:18:37 AM »

Dont know how many spines on a stradle gearbox but if they are the same as a 2litre sport/racing box.( am sure you would know the answer better than i. .  ) . I have used a clutch plate from a 3litre alfa 164 & a pressure plate from a 131sport.
The inside of the  pressure plate has to be spun on a lather to remove a few mil as the center of the 164 clutch plate is slightly bigger & stronger than the standard 131plate. .
I see no reason as to why this would not work on a 131 abarth. Road car. . Other than the the spline count. 
i have ran this set up years ago on a replica with 9" rubber on the rear &  2litre engine with twin 40s. .
A mate of mine runs this set up at the moment with 160bhp in his sport  for the last 6 years and no issues. . As you are lucky enough to own an Abarth road car
This could be worth looking into as seems any parts with the word Abarth on it at the moment is crazy money. .
Fiat 131 Abarth#2

Fiat 131 Abarth Gr.4

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 11:36:43 AM »

Hi Simon,
you need to know wich diameter you have if it's ? 215mm you can use the 2,0 Racing
but if you have ? 228mm it will be a little difficult to found one but not impossible
so you found it by Helix Motorsport http://www.helix-autosport.com/home/
btw: Miro use it look here! http://131abarth.pl/?page_id=879

Enzo  Roll Eyes

Enzo from Germany!
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 02:15:10 PM »

Thankyou Dave and Enzo for your replies. Cool

I was rather hoping to be able to determine the diameter of the clutch without having to strip the gearbox from the engine. Huh At the moment the general opinion is that my clutch noise is from the springs in the friction plate and the car is useable - albeit with an element of care on my part as I don't want to get stranded if it should suddenly 'explode'. If I strip the gearbox/engine and it all falls apart in my hand I won't be able to use the car again until I find the right clutch assembly.

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
parrish

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 03:48:11 PM »

Simon,
Locate both clutch diameters explain to both parties that you will need one or the other.
Remove gearbox measure and contact the appropriate seller.
Don't leave it too long clutches are not very forgiving they either work or they don't.
Box out is an hours job in the right hands, even less if you've done it enough! Grin
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 06:30:28 PM »

You never know till u take it out , what was in the parts bin at the time or what someone previous had chuck in  Huh Huh Huh
 you still got a few more 131 s to use in the mean time  Wink Wink

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Fiat 131 Abarth#2

Fiat 131 Abarth Gr.4

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »

the next horrible price!

http://www.subito.it/accessori-auto/compressore-volumetrico-abarth-napoli-63024495.htm

as i say i need a lottery win to finished my project 037  Cry

Enzo from Germany!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.