Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:04:25 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  131 RHD SPORT FOR SALE. EBAY !!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 131 RHD SPORT FOR SALE. EBAY !!!  (Read 34617 times)
106usj

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2010, 01:59:07 PM »

I would not waste my time selling a classic car in good condition like that on ebay.
You would get way more on a private sale i think.
I do agree though i thought a more realistic bid would have been placed.
The G.C engine alone must be worth a few bob if its a good one.
paulcas

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2010, 02:22:55 PM »

Lovely looking car. I would have definately been interested in buying it if I hadn't found mine 5 months ago.
sid131

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »

Paul yours is a genuine rhd car so worth much more imo
curt

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 08:50:50 AM »

Well I seriously gave this one some thought .
A few things put me off. As jason said a scabby wix rusty oil filter on a new engine  Huh The engine is a lancia  unit and a build date of 1993  according to the paperwork Huh
Has this engine been used  Huh bought it Still in the crate unused -what since 1993 sitting around for 17 years Huh Brand new  Huh
The expansion bottle still full of stains from rusty water-it may be an old unit but if you want top money it could have been flushed out .
There may not be any welding but it looks to my unskilled eye a spot of brazing on the bottom of the now drivers door.
I know it is simons old car and of course would take his word for it being solid-but a prospective buyer would be cautious with all the new paint and conversion from LHD to RHD -How good is the wiring and control parts -if you cant even put on a shiny oil filter to sell it - makes me wonder the colour of the oil  Huh

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
sid131

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 09:16:25 AM »

i think you just summed up a lot of peoples thoughts there curt
f1lmm

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2010, 05:40:16 PM »

man curt your good Cheesy,,honestly thats exactly what everyone was thinking!!,,the drivers door looks like it has been plated,with a section and not even flushed off.I honestly think thats what it was worth,as it was a mix match sport/racing,LHD/RHD,nice but not nice,car am i making sense Cheesy
sid131

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2010, 05:54:16 PM »

i still think it should have made more & is worth much more than the top bid, i would just be concerned that the conversion is a good one & from a forum member thats seen the car it supposed to be a good job, sure if he comes on he will say his piece?
a bit of better advertising & finishing touches on this car & its a winner imo
the forum member in question has a video of the car & its supposed to be good, where is the video???
106usj

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 08:24:37 PM »

Pistonhead's or car and classic are good site's i think to sell or buy from.
You know where you stand as a buyer, as the price the seller wants is there in black and white.So you know where you stand.
Also as a seller you can have your mobile or email address and avoid or narrow down the tyre kickers & time wasters with silly bids,most of them anyway Roll Eyes
I think ebay is fine for selling classic parts but not classic cars that are mint/good condition.
sid131

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 08:35:35 PM »

well said 106!
markwilliams131

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2010, 09:26:18 PM »

this is why i would never advertise a car for sale on this site
it was the same when simon was selling this car people nocked it and picked faults with it
not 1 person even went 2 see it  did any body here go see it or phone about it this time round
its no secret what simon sold the car for .the cost of the car and engine was 6grand sterling
how much would ya think someone would charge ya to get it to the condation its in now
convert it to rhd the parts to do it  strip it paint it inside and out another 4 grand id say
i could only dream of haveing 1 of my sports in this condation .i dont have 10grand 2 buy a sport
but if i  did this would be the first car i would go and see .
i no dai the owner of the car and have bought 2 131mirafiori s and a mk1gti in the past
he has also done alot of work on 1 of my cars and i have to say his work is top class
and would recommend him to anybody wanting a 131 restored also  im not just posting it
because he is my friend but ya just cant tell a car from pictures . o ya forgot to say dai is also
a member of this forum Cool

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
sid131

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 09:49:46 PM »

Mark there was only a couple on here picking faults & if the seller dai is a member on here how come there was no feedback? but he left himself open to the said faults, if he expects some one to spend that cash on a 131 sport at least have it ready!! & it wasnt posted for sale here but ebay.co.uk which is quick buck lad i posted is what i think & i am not running down the the car, i wish it made 10k seriously!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:54:06 PM by sid131 » Logged
106usj

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2010, 10:04:57 PM »

Same same Sid.
Mark i also thought his 131 would have gone for more and to be honest i was very disappointed it did not and i never slated the car once in any way, as i thought it looks to be A1.
I just said it would be better to be sold on a another site not ebay so it can hopefully reach money wise what it deserves and thats (more !) than the 5 1/2 k offer it got.
For some reason some (people ) seem to think 131's are worth no more than 4 or 5 k no matter what condition they are in perfect or 1/2 way perfect.  
Also i did know Dai was a member of the site.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:10:51 PM by 106usj » Logged
curt

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 06:51:15 AM »

Guys I am not trying to offend anyone just making my own personal observations of what perspective buyers would look for .
As I said people who do not know the history of the car would be very wary of its condition unless the always useful 'before' and 'after' pictures were supplied showing all the stages of work and that the work was carried out satisfactorily.
Again i dont mean to offend or criticise anyones work  Smiley
Does anyone know why the engine was changed anyway ?
I would have thought an all original sport engine would have been just as appealing .

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
parrish

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2010, 07:57:01 AM »

I remember asking about a similar engine on e-bay about 4-5 years ago.
Advice at the time from an expert was that the engine because it had stood so long would have to be fully stripped (bearings and all) and reasembled replacing all gaskets and seals.
Steve

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
markwilliams131

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2010, 09:53:06 PM »

i just think people went from praising the car to criticising it
ok point taken bout the oil filter . but if a genuine buyer was intrested in the car
he did put his phone number on the add 2 answer any questions
and im sure he has a step by step photo of the rebuild because he took them when
he built my car i myself have bought  cars from ebay but not before talking 2 the seller

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.